Parents seeking to enrol their child at Mitcham Primary School should contact the office for an appointment. If your child is attending a four-year-old kindergarten or preschool program this year, the school follows the Whitehorse Network protocols. We welcome and encourage you to ring and make a time to tour our school and see what we have to offer.
The Whitehorse Network of schools asks parents to enrol their child at one primary school only. We are very happy to show you our school so you can make your mind up about what opportunities and programs we offer for your child. Children who have a brother or sister attending the school are guaranteed a place in Prep Grade.
Parents seeking an enrolment are asked to provide the following:
- The child’s birth certificate or extract of birth (original or certified copy) or passport;
- School Immunization Certificate;
- The names and contact of two emergency contacts (other than the parents’ contact details);
- Information related to any Family Court or intervention orders, if relevant;
- The name and contact details of the family’s doctor;
- Medicare number;
- Details of any disability or impairment if relevant;
- Details of an asthma plan or information related to allergies and anaphylaxis, if relevant;
- Any other relevant information which will assist us in having a successful school start for your child.
Mitcham Primary School runs an extensive Transition program for all children attending the school in Prep Grade beginning in Term 2. This program also operates for children entering the Montessori program in Grade 1. Details are available from the office and dates will be published on the school's web site.